Jennifer Finelli (formerly Veldhuyzen) jen.finelli.veldhuyzen (at) gmail (dot) com
Job Objective: To share the story that can save the world.
SummaryAward-nominated screenwriter and world-traveling science fiction writer with real-world experience as a doctor, autism therapist, reporter, ghost, and nunnery-escapist.
- Screencraft Cinematic Book Contest Semi-Finalist, 2018
- Screencraft Comedy Screenplay Contest Quarter-Finalist, 2017
- I See You Awards Nominee, 2017
- Screencraft Short Story Contest Quarter-Finalist, 2017
- Beverly Hills Screenplay Contest Finalist, 2016
- Austin Film Festival, Second Rounder: Top 15% of scripts, 2016
- Writers of the Future Scifi Contest Honorable Mention, 2013 and 2016
- Apocalypse Medicine, published by the Untold Podcast, 2019
- I'm Having an Affair With My Wife, film sold to Dead Laurels Productions, 2017
- Becoming Hero, independent YA novel/comic (4.5 stars on Amazon), 2017
- Whipping the Dead, sold to Pantheon's Mnemosyne, 2017
- The Different People, picture book forthcoming from E-Treasures Press, 2017
- Hierro, sold to The Crossover Alliance Superhero Anthology, 2017
- Welcome to the Adrenaline Age, sold to The Overcast Podcast, 2016
- To Refuse Blood, published in The Untold Podcast, 2016
- Brain Worms and White Whales, sold to Escapepod.org, 2015
- The Ink Android, sold to Beorh Weekly, 2015
- I am Disease, published in the Bleed horror anthology by PMM Publishing, 2013
- Codex Writing Group Member
- Critters.org member since 2010
- Member of the Dark Literature Guild
- Insertquarterly.com video game rag
- Permaculture Research Institute of Australia blog
2012-2013 returning contributor paid pro-rate to all of the above; follow links to view samples.
- Scripted.com, Fall 2011-present
Paid ghost-blogger for Scienceexchange.com, TripAdvisor.com, Elsevier, Comprehend Systems, ShopWell, WellAware, OnTargetJobs Health, Docstoc, GiftWhip, walkingtrips.com, Wellness Healing Mayan Medicine, medicationdiscountcard.com, FoxTranslate, and many, many others.
- Full-length autobiography, 2013
- 3 'Cliffnotes'-style e-books summarizing great literature, 2013
- Health food research e-book, 2013
- Human Events, Washington, D.C., Sept. 2011-Dec. 2012
Full-time G&P associate editor and HE investigative reporting intern. Covered legislation, corruption, healthcare, and foreign affairs. Increased G&P twitter following by nearly 50%
- Free Lance Star, Fredericksburg, VA. 2007-2008.
Volunteer Youth Correspondent. Freelancestar.com articles on topics ranging from humor to medicine.
Original Academic Research
- Chinese History Wedding Traditions, UVA East Asian History, Spring 2011
First research of its kind in this subject area. Available upon request.
- Medieval History Marriage Traditions, UVA Medieval History, Fall 2010
Reviewed primary-source cases in medieval England to investigate reasons for marriages
- Necrotizing Fasciitis Review, UVA Biomedical Engineering, Spring 2010
Co-Author, Synthesized up-to-date information on etiology, and cures for "flesh-eatingbacteria"
- Molsoft CD-44 Simulation, UVA Biochem: Published with textbook, Fall 2010
More information available here
Education and Closing Summary
Education and Closing Summary
- Ponce School of Medicine Class of 2017; University of VA History BS, Biomedical Engineering Minor, with research experience in history and science; almost perfect score on MCAT Verbal (14/15) and score R on MCAT Written
- Languages--Spanish (fluent) with translation experience--German (comfortable)--Japanese (minimal speaking)--Danish (comprehension)--French (reading).
- Fiction blog: http://petrepan.blogspot.com/
Samples of academic history and health writing: http://thehownotto.blogspot.com/search/label/academic